Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lefse Making












Here it is - the results of our lefse making. Last week before the church bazaar, we got together in the church kitchen to package the lefse for sale. Some of it was folded into quarters and sold without filling. Other lefse was spread with a mixture of butter and cinnamon sugar, rolled up like a flattened wrap and then sliced into slanted pieces to be sold in one dozen batches.

I ate a lot of the "ends" which were cut off to make the edges straight. It was very tasty - like a cinnamon roll. And when I arrived mid-morning the next day to work at the Bazaar and buy some, it was sold out! I think the town knows and comes early to secure their lefse. I did get some homemade smoked lox and another speciality - fish cakes which were small, half-dollar sized puffy salmon cakes. Also delicious.

No comments: