Yep. I did it. I cut class.
I was supposed to go to dance class - in fact I was on my way - when I drove to the crest of the hill and saw the sun. It was off in the distance, at the other end of the island, toward Herring Cove. I had my camera with me, so I knew the tap, tap, tap of dance would have to wait for next week. I had to capture the light.
Off I went, and I was not disappointed. I've posted a sampling of the photos I took. I am entranced by the shades of blue, grey, and white in the sky. I love the way the light reflects off the water - it is just magnificent. I've been taking photos in the hopes of entering several in a photo contest sponsored by the North Pacific Research Board for photos taken within US Alaskan waters.
One thing that struck me today was how much different the images are in the fall - despite the fact that the colors here are much less vibrant than what I'm used to on the East Coast. Still, there is an "autumnal" feel to the photos as the grass has turned golden.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment