Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow, snow, snow - and even more?


It continues to snow. I read in the Ketchikan Daily that Juneau just broke their own record for the snowiest winter. I know Ketchikan has broken its records, too. This week was a crazy weather week with sun, rain, fog, mist, and snow all occurring within a 30 minute time span on Monday. Did I mention that if you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes? (Local advice!) Monday night we had a big "blow-in" which means windstorm. The wind whipped all night, and then on Tuesday the rains came and washed away most of the snow. I was excited to see the sidewalks again which meant that I could soon be back on my bike, zipping off on errands.

Not to be. It has been snowing (was supposed to be rain...) since 7 AM and does not look like it will let up - ever.

I have to say, it is beautiful. Everything is white, and the way the snow sticks to the pine trees behind the house is gorgeous.

Punxy Phil said 6 more weeks of winter. As usual, I guess he's right.

No comments: