Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another Sunny Day

Hello everyone!
I'm starting a new, blog about my first year in Ketchikan. There is so much going on here and it is such a different place that I want to record as much of it as I can.

Today is the second sunny day in a couple of days. I've learned that you really have to take your sunny days when you get them. For example, yesterday, it was beautiful and then all of a sudden the sky opened up and it rained torrents. With the sun still shining! I've been on a hunt for signs of fall. I'll post some of the photos I've taken so far. There are very few non-fir trees here, so it's going to be quite a hunt. The mountains are so amazing in their beauty that if they were filled with some nice oaks, maples and elms, it would be spectacular. Since they're not, I have to be content with some of the isolated trees which are turning colors.

This week is the last week for the cruise ships. For the past month, the ships have been making their last "call" on Ketchikan. I think I will miss seeing all the people milling around downtown with their cameras and maps. It will be interesting to see what the town is like without the visitors.

No comments: